This resource is designed to help students and graduates around the world tackle academic college English assignments, even if English is not their native language. Enjoy the abundance of guides, manuals and samples written for ESL students.
How to ace in composing arguable research paper topics
It is a common belief that you find the best research topics from the internet, which is true because you can find so many innovative and creative research topics without having to use your brain. In addition, you do not just find a topic you also find almost a hundred articles of previous researches which makes your task much easier than it was at the beginning. All you have to do is pick a topic most researched upon and pick up a few ideas. In addition, Viola, you have everything you need to draft a good paper. This is generally true for researches concerning science or historical researches. An argument paper requires a different approach. You cannot just blindly pick up a topic from the internet. You need to analyze how well it can be argued upon.
This article will help you identify some excellent topics to build up an arguable research paper.
How to tell if the topic is arguable
- - First, it should highlight some social, medical, or scientific issue. If it just states a fact, it is not arguable at all.
- - There should be more than one way to look at it. Make pros and cons list to identify various aspects of the topic. An argument can only be built if there is more than one way of looking at an issue.
- - There should be sufficient prior research on the internet to support your claim.
Some good sample topics:
- - Preventing teenage pregnancies can bring a sufficient reduction abortion rates.
- - Should schools form disciplinary policies against child bullying?
- - Should cell phones be banned in universities?
- - Do you agree with the claims of environmentalists regarding global warming or is it a mere exaggeration?
- - Should fast food restaurants be forced to follow strict codes of quality and cleanliness?
- - Should workplace verbal harassment be given equal importance as physical harassment?
- - Are organ transplants and donations ethical?
- - Is it okay for marketing firms to tap into consumer privacies to conduct their surveys?
- - Should schools waive the law of uniforms and dress codes?
- - After serving due time in the prison should criminals be allowed to re-enter the society?
- - Is it okay for parents to ground their children?
- - Are working mothers more likely to raise children with criminal instincts?
- - Is it fair for colleges to evaluate students merely on their academic performance?